Education and Transition Planning

The Law

Students who receive education services are entitled to transition supports and services. In New Hampshire, planning for these supports and services may begin when the student turns 14 or, if appropriate, even earlier. Transition supports and services should be included in all Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and are designed to help children and youth with disabilities prepare for adult life. Federal and state laws require schools to provide these services to help students plan for post school activities such as college, vocational education, employment, adult services, and independent living.

Know Your Rights:

Education Series & Related Resources

Contact Us

If You Need Help

Contact us if your think your rights have been violated or if you wish to speak with an attorney about a disability-related legal issue.

Contact Us