Disability Rights Center – NH, Inc. (DRC-NH) is seeking proposals from qualified Certified Public Accountants for preparation of its yearly audited financial statements for a three-year period beginning with the 2021 fiscal year ending 09/30/2022.
Disability Rights Center – NH, Inc. requires the following services:
- Single audit in compliance with OMB’s Uniform Guidance.
- Planning meetings in preparation for audit.
- Audited financial statements and Disclosures (1 bound copy, plus originals unbound and electronic copy) to include: Statement of Financial Position, Statement of Activities, Statements of Cash Flows, Statement of Functional Expenses and Notes (footnotes).
- Preparation of related management letter.
- Preparation of Annual IRS form 990 and Annual Report Certificate for the Office of the New Hampshire Attorney General Charitable Trust Unit.
- Presentation of the audit results and the management letter to the Board of Directors and Finance Committee.
- Consultation on financial and other matters related to the organization throughout the year.
Typically, the audit fieldwork has been completed in November, with financial statements, filings, and other forms to be completed by early January. Presentation to the DRC-NH Board of Directors occurs in mid-late January. Proposals should address the on-site audit schedule to ensure completion of all audit components by the January deadline.
Proposals should include the following items:
- Profile of firm to include principals, CPA’s employed, size of the firm, the organization structure, and areas of expertise.
- The firm’s experience in providing auditing and tax services to organizations in the non-profit industry. Include a list of not for profit clients that you believe are comparable to our organization in size, mission focus and complexity. If partners and/or other employees serve in and advisory/consultative capacity within the not-for-profit sector, please list such positions as well.
- Names of the engagement team assigned to our audit including a resume of the qualifications and experience for partners, managers and staff.
- Statement of understanding for the work to be performed.
- Transition plan from previous auditors (if applicable).
- Description of the extent to which DRC-NH’s personnel will be expected to contribute to the work effort.
- Description of any existing or potential relationships between your firm and DRC-NH and any employee or officer of DRC-NH that could affect your independence and objectivity because of an actual or perceived conflict of interest.
- Description of your firm’s basic audit approach and the resulting advantages to our organization. Include a description of the activities undertaken by your firm to promote/ensure audit quality.
- Description of your firm’s method of compliance with OMB’s Uniform Guidance.
- Proposed timeline for fieldwork and final reporting.
- Proposed fee structure for each of the three years of the proposal period, including any guarantees that can be given regarding increases in future years and the maximum fee that would be charged.
- Current billing rates for classes of professional personnel. Also, your firm’s procedures for technical questions that may come up during the year or whether these occasional services are included in the proposed fee structure.
- Copy of most recent peer review including any related letter of comments
- Three 501 (c)(3) nonprofit client references (please include contact information).
Proposals must be received no later than 5:00 pm on Wednesday, June 15, 2022 for consideration. Documents should be emailed to MicheleF@drcnh.org or sent to Disability Rights Center – NH, Inc., Attn: Michele Fleming, 64 N. Main St., Ste. 2, 3rd Floor, Concord, NH 03301. The Finance committee of the Board of Directors will review all proposals at their June meeting and make a recommendation regarding the choice of auditors to the full board of directors on July 18, 2022. As part of this process, the committee may request additional information from applicants and/or references.
Requests for additional information or clarification should be directed to Michele Fleming, Fiscal Director, 228-0432, ext. 113 or by emailing MicheleF@drcnh.org.