Parents who have concerns about a child’s access to educational services can contact us to speak with an attorney free of charge.

Know Your Rights

Right to a Free Appropriate Public Education

 A federal law called the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and New Hampshire law require school districts to provide education and related services for children with certain types of disabilities who, due to their disability, need specialized instruction and related services to receive an appropriate education.  Under these laws, school districts must make a free appropriate public education (FAPE) in the least restrictive environment (LRE) available to eligible children until they are awarded a regular high school diploma or turn twenty-two, whichever comes first. Children who are eligible under IDEA receive specialized instruction and related services that are outlined in an Individualized Education Program (IEP). The IEP is developed by the student’s IEP Team.  Parents are critically important members of the IEP team, as are youth with disabilities.  It is very important to make sure children and youth with disabilities are getting the services from school districts they are legally entitled to receive.  Below are links to informational brochures and resources related to education.

If You Need Help

Contact Us

Contact us if your think your rights have been violated or if you wish to speak with an attorney about a disability-related legal issue.

Contact Us