What is Medicaid Managed Care?
The State of New Hampshire has contracted with three companies to begin coordinating health care for most Medicaid members. New Hampshire calls this Medicaid Care Management or Medicaid managed care. The companies, also called Managed Care Organizationsor MCOs, offering Medicaid managed care plans in New Hampshire are 1) New Hampshire Healthy Families, 2) Meridian Health Plan and 3) Well Sense Health Plan.
Problems with Managed care? Call the Disabilities Rights Center at 1-800-834-1721 for more information about the grievance and appeal processes or for advice and/or representation in a Medicaid fair hearing.
You have the right to voice any concerns to New Hampshire Medicaid at any time. You may contact New Hampshire Medicaid Client Services by phone at 800-852-3345, ext 4344 or 603-271-4344.
You may also contact these individuals:
- Lisabritt Solsky, DHHS Deputy Medicaid Director: 271-9408
- Marygaye Grizwin, DHHS Bureau Chief of Care Management Operations:271-9554
- Patrick McGowan, DHHS Account Manager for NH Healthy Families: 271-9535
- Donna Mombourquette, DHHS Account Manager for Well Sense: 271-9470
- Laura Vincent Ford, DHHS Account Manager for Meridian: 271-9536
Link to the NH DHHS website for the NH Medicaid Managed Care program
The three managed care health plans are:
- Medicaid Managed Care: Questions and Answers about Enrollment
- The Spring 2012 issue of the RAP Sheet is devoted to managed care and related topics
- Training: Medicaid Managed Care & You, from Community Partners
- Video: In the January 2012 episode of Disabilities Rights Center Presents...,our guests are Deborah Fournier, Esq.,
Policy Analyst at the New Hampshire Fiscal Policy Institute, and Michelle Winchester, J.D., representing the Institute for Health, Law, and Ethics, UNH School of Law. With host Cindy Robertson, DRC Senior Staff Attorney, our guests explain what managed care is and what it means for NewHampshire.
News & Opinion Columns:
- 1-22-2014, NHPR: Commissioner Nicholas Toumpas on The Exchange
- 9-10-2013, NHPR: With Managed Care Launching, Let The Marketing Begin
- 8-16-2013, NHPR: Group Takes State To Court Over Medicaid Managed Care
- 12-11-2012, Concord Monitor Editorial: A mental health program worth preserving
- 5-9-2012, NHPR: Managed Medicaid Gets the Nod
- 5-10-2012, Concord Monitor: Council okays managed care 3 private firms to be paid $2.2 billion
- 5-9-2012 Foster’s: N.H. Executive Council OKs $2.3 billion Medicaid contract
- 5-8-2012 NHPR: State Prepares for Massive Shift to Medicaid Managed Care
- 5-6-2012 Betsy McNamara, Concord Monitor My Turn: State should reject Medicaid contracts
- 5-4-2012 NH Business Review: Questions abound over how, and if, privately managed Medicaid would work
- 3-27-2012 NHPR: Executive Council may slow down managed care
Dan Gorenstein reports on this Monday’s meeting of the Executive Council with Commissioner Toumpas. http://nhpr.org/post/executive-council-may-slow-down-managed-care
- 3-27-2012 Concord Monitor: Council Puts off Managed Care Decision
- 3-27-2012 Becker’s Hospital Review: New Hampshire Proposes 3 Managed Medicaid Contracts; Groups Call for Public Review
- 1-20-2012: Changes Coming to Managed Care, a video by Kevin Landrigan
- Winter 2012: New Hampshire Challenge, Op Ed by Lou Goscinski
- One Sky Services has numerous articles on managed care
March 6, 2014
Home | About
the DRC | Issue Areas | If
You Need Legal Assistance | Information About Your Rights | Legislative/Rulemaking Center | Get
Involved! | News | En Espanol | Links | Contact