Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas with us. This year, we provided legal advice or representation to almost 600 people with disabilities across the state in areas like special education, accessibility, employment discrimination, home and community-based services and Medicaid, but we cannot help everyone who asks for our help. With input from you and other people with disabilities, family members and advocates, we’ll select the issues and areas that are most critical to include in our 2019-2020 priorities.
2019-2020 Priorities Survey
All callers to DRC-NH with disability-related issues that fall within DRC-NH’s broad priorities have access to an attorney for consultation and referral during an initial meeting via telephone or in person, but further legal help is often limited.
Case Acceptance Guidelines
In accepting cases for representation, DRC-NH will consider the following guidelines:
- Does the individual meet eligibility criteria?
- Does the case have legal merit?
- Do we have the capacity, funding and expertise to provide quality representation?
- Does the case fit within our priorities?
- What is the likelihood that our advocacy would make a positive difference to people with disabilities?
- Would our advocacy result in services being provided in a more integrated setting?