Full-time Office Manager
Disability Rights Center – New Hampshire (DRC-NH) seeks an office manager to join us to
protect, advance, and strengthen the rights of all people with disabilities.
DRC-NH is a team of 17 staff people working out of one office in Concord, NH. Over the last 40 years, DRC-NH has litigated landmark cases regarding special education, employment discrimination, access to housing and Medicaid services. And, more recently, our litigation has led to a historic investment in mental health services for people at risk of hospitalization, improved accessibility of downtown Concord, and made voting more accessible for people with disabilities. As the federally designated protection and advocacy system for New Hampshire, we also monitor institutions and service providers and conduct investigations to ensure people with disabilities are not at risk of neglect or abuse.
The office manager will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating all of DRC-NH’s
administrative activities. Duties will include:
- Serving as primary contact for individuals contacting DRC-NH for assistance via
telephone, email and in person.
- Scheduling and coordinating intakes for eligible individuals.
- Providing administrative support to the Executive Director, Fiscal Director and other
- Coordinating Board of Directors and PAIMI Advisory Council meetings.
- Coordinating onboarding for new employees.
- Managing office operations and works to improve office processes and procedures.
- Preparing a variety of reports to funders, including federal grant reports.
- Maintaining calendar of critical compliance, policy/legislation and legal timelines and deadlines.
- Assisting with development of annual and long-range strategic planning.
- Managing vendors.
- Assisting in reviewing and monitoring legislation.
- Other duties which may not be included within this position description, but which are consistent with the responsibilities described.
- At least 5 years of experience as an Executive Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Legal Secretary, Office Coordinator/Manager or similar administrative support position.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe, Google/Gmail, Outlook and databases. Proficient in the use of computers and related technology.
- Ability to be credentialed through Social Security and to successfully complete a financial background check.
- Well organized.
- Emotional maturity and trustworthiness with confidential information.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and on short deadlines.
- Special attention to detail and excellent editing skills.
- Ability to meet schedules and timelines.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with people with disabilities, Board and Advisory Council members, employees, elected officials and the general public.
- Ability to work in the DRC-NH office in Concord, in accordance with DRC-NH’s polices and procedures. Note: Remote work opportunities are limited for this position.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Ability to occasionally travel statewide and out-of-state, which may include overnight travel.
This is a full time, non-exempt position with a robust benefits package. Salary range of $24.00 – $36.00/hour.
If you are interested in joining our team, please provide the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter expressing your interest in the position
We will begin considering applications immediately. The position will remain open until the right candidate is found.
DRC-NH is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse staff that reflects all individuals and communities we work for and alongside, and we value equity and inclusion in our workplace. DRC-NH encourages applications from people with disabilities, Black people, Indigenous people, people of color, people of diverse national origin, the LGBTQ community, and other people belonging to communities that have historically experienced injustice.