Problems or Concerns with Communications Access at DHHS?

Many people who are deaf or hard of hearing regularly interact with the NH Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and sometimes have trouble accessing interpreters, CART and other communication supports.

DHHS provides services for individuals, children, families and seniors, and administers programs and services related to mental health, developmental disability, substance abuse, and public health.

To report a problem with communication access with DHHS services or a DHHS employee, DHHS has a new online complaint process.  Visit the Communication Access & Language Assistance webpage to learn more, including how to report problems with communication access and how to contact the office that handles these types of issues.  You can also access the online Communication Access Concern Form (linked on the page) directly to report a problem; you should receive a response within 2 business days.

You can access the Communication Access & Language Assistance webpage from the DHHS website homepage. Find the mustard-yellow box on the right to “Report… [a] communication access concern”.

Additionally, if you feel your rights have been violated, you can contact the Ombudsman’s Office directly at For more information, visit DHHS’s Non-Discrimination Policy page.

If you need more help to resolve your concern, contact DRC-NH for assistance.