WE ARE HIRING!
Disability Rights Center – New Hampshire (DRC-NH) seeks a detail oriented and passionate investigator to join us to conduct methodical, objective reviews of representative payees to ensure that Social Security beneficiaries are not abused, neglected and/or exploited.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the rights of people with disabilities; detail oriented; possesses strong interpersonal skills to interview people with disabilities, providers and family members; and comfortable reviewing financial data to assure that people with disabilities are protected from financial exploitation.
This is a part time hourly (non-exempt) position (18-20 hours per week). The investigator will conduct interviews across New Hampshire in institutions and homes.
Successful completion of government clearance by the United States Government Office of Personnel Management is required for this position. Clearance must be completed/obtained within the first 3 months of hire.
- Associate’s degree in a relevant field or a combination of education and experience closely related to position.
- Direct (paid or unpaid) experience with people with disabilities or other vulnerable populations.
- Strong attention to detail and strict adherence to timelines.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Basic computer skills, including word processing and databases.
- Experience performing complex assignments, prioritizing multiple tasks, meeting deadlines, working well under pressure and maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment.
- Dependable automobile, valid driver’s license and current liability insurance.
- Willingness to travel, including occasional overnight and out of state travel.
- Willingness to occasionally work in the evenings or on weekends, when necessary.
- Functional knowledge in basic financial record keeping using basic accounting principles.
- Experience conducting investigations such as site visits, compliance audits or other regulatory matters.
- Understanding of New Hampshire’s disability laws, services and communities.
Salary based on experience.
If you are interested in joining DRC-NH, please provide the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter expressing your interest in the position, and
DRC-NH staff will begin considering applications on July 6th. The position will remain open until the right candidate is found.